Monday, January 29, 2007

The Lady Is A Tramp - At Least For A Few More Weeks...

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears! Both of them! It's been ages since I've updated you all on jazz goings on, and there is a LOT of jazz happening.... Check out my February blog for the latest and greatest.

ELLA FITZGERALD'S BIRTHDAY!
Ella would have been 90 years old this April and the tributes have already started, including the title of THIS entry. Check out my "I Heart Ella" entry for a sneak peek at Verve's tribute project, plus my own personal tribute to the First Lady of Song and my all-time favorite vocalist.

PAM'S QUICK AND DIRTY LIFE UPDATE!
A quick explanation as to my jazz absence... I'll summarize since I tend to be wordy:

September, 2006 - I left my job of 10 years to start a home-based business targeting clients in the jazz community. Scaryfuncrazyrisky.

October - December, 2006 - Said business took off and was tons of fun, profitable, and exciting, yet oddly devoid of jazz satisfaction from a work perspective. All work and no jazz makes Pam a dull girl.

December, 2006 - A string of coincidences led me back to my former employer in a role that provided lots of new challenges in a familiar environment. Scaryfuncrazyrisky again.

January, 2007 - Back at Capital full-time! Training in the new role for several weeks and the brain is too full to take in much live jazz - but my CDs are getting a workout on the 2.5 hour daily commute to West LA.

March, 2007 - I'm moving! After six years, I'm leaving my Glendale digs (affectionately known as "The Tramp House" - thanks, Ella!) and heading southwest near Park La Brea. My jazz radius will shift to include more frequent visits to spots like Catalina's, The Jazz Bakery, The Vic and Vibrato.

Later in 2007....

Be on the lookout, folks. I'm in cahoots with a new friend and we are cooking up some exciting jazz and art-related experiences that you won't want to miss. More to come...

3 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like '07 is going to be an exciting year! --Looking forward to the music and company :)
Cassy

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Yummyteece said...

OH Pam, it sounds wonderful. I'm glad that business has been so profitable, and wow....a move after so many years will definately give you a fresh perspective on the town.

Glad to hear it's all doing well. Keep us updated, please. :)
Teece

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Camerson said...

way to shake it up, baby. Scaryfuncrazy, indeed!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home