Sunday, February 25, 2007

Some Non-Jazz Tidbits

True confession time: how many reality show fans are out there? I admit it - I spend a significant portion of my relatively insignificant TV watching time on the genre, and although there's no "American Jazz Idol" yet, there are 2 shows I want to point out.

#1 - Tuesday, March 6 on the CW network:
The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll. I am so not kidding folks - I'm going to tune in religiously because John Beasley is the musical director for this show! John's a phenomenal local musician with a resume as long as my arm and talent out the wazoo. Now, while the stalwart jazzers may poo-pooh the notion, I think it's fabulous for a jazz musician to get exposure to such a young demographic and demonstrate musical versatility. And it gives us jazz fans an excuse to watch fun reality TV while supporting our local musicans.

#2 - Wednesday, March 7, also on the CW network: America's Next Top Model. Please don't judge me but I love this show. I am indifferent (leaning toward mild dislike) toward Tyra Banks, but I actually kind of like seeing models cry. (I'm not completely mean; I like the pretty pictures too.) Anyhow, on March 7 (date to be confirmed) my hairdresser Neeko is going to be a guest judge on the show - and his salon will be the setting for massive makeovers of the contestants. This particular episode is always a season favorite for me as at least one model historically cries.

Be sure to set your TiVo and check out these shows!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Yummyteece said...

Damn, i missed that one. How did it turn out? was Neeko jsut FABULOUS!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home